Hi! We are Discovered! We empower master artisan makers from emerging countries to be entrepreneurs. By connecting them directly to global customers and retailers they can sell their handmade & unique products at better prices, growing their own small businesses. We are a start-up based in The Hague & Bangalore.
We are looking for a co-founder / venture builder to join our team in The Hague to help us grow our retail channel and bring Discovered from growth to scale.
Our ideal candidate has a background in starting, building and scaling a retail operation across countries. Preferably with E-Commerce or early-stage start-up experience and who is now willing to use his or her knowledge to help scale-up our social enterprise to contribute to system change.
Are you up for this challenge?
Let us introduce ourselves a bit more…
• We dream big: a future that seems impossible. We take action ourselves and invite others to turn impossible to ‘I’m possible’
• We are passionate about changing the world for the better and bring an impact-driven entrepreneurial attitude to do so
• If we think we can do something on our own, we are not dreaming big enough: Together is more
• We want to support you to discover what you deeply want to do, what you are good at, and what gives meaning to your life
• We learn, not to judge the past, but to improve the future
• We work with a small team of amazing people in our offices in The Hague, Bangalore & Nairobi
• Be quickly prototyping and testing different ideas for growing our retail business.
• Be building key partnerships, with both large and small organizations.
• Be planning and budgeting
• Be building a world changing company!
• A proven track record of at least eight years working experience, out of which at least three years as entrepreneur, co-founder of a start-up or part of the management team of a start-up
• Substantial experience in online retail, online marketplace or online travel bookings.
• The right attitude to work with people with all kinds of backgrounds, from small community projects and artisans to investors or CEOs of multinationals;
• A successful track record in multi-stakeholder project management;
• Experience in building partnerships with commercial partners (investors, corporate, NGO, Government);
• Experience with innovation methodologies like Lean Startup and Human Centric Design.
• A love for diving into a chunk of information to connect the dots and bring structure
• Fluency in English and Dutch
• Passion about changing the world for the better!
• An entrepreneurial start-up environment that gives you space to think independently and explore your potential
• Be part of the momentum to build and grow Discovered towards global Impact
• A nice and welcoming office space in the Caballero Fabriek in The Hague, with good coffee, exotic teas and nice lunches waiting for you every day
• Working with a group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world
• Work that matters
Send your CV and motivation to Gijsbert@discovered.us before the 21st of November
Call +316 39765329 and ask for Gijsbert or send an email to email@example.com if you need more information.
We hope to hear from you soon!