Enviu is an experienced partner in building social enterprises which address the world’s biggest environmental and social challenges. Our ambitions are high. By 2020, we want to have impacted the lives and habitats of at least 5 million people worldwide. In order to achieve this, we’re teaming up with the “best of the best”.
Enviu is looking for a venture builder for its office-to-be in Jakarta. Enviu is looking for former Indonesian entrepreneurs who are now willing to set up social enterprises that aim to contribute to system changes in their field on an employment basis.
Are you up for this challenge?
Let us introduce ourselves a bit more
Hi, we’re Enviu
– Our life work is improving the world through impact-driven entrepreneurship.
– We have a can-do and entrepreneurial attitude.
– Together is more: we co-create with partners and with local communities.
– We are action-driven deal and impact makers.
– We are young at heart, eager to learn, and pioneers.
– We work with ~35 great people in our offices in Rotterdam, Bangalore, Santiago & Nairobi. Jakarta is the next in line !
About the Role
We have started our office in Indonesia to carry out the Zero Waste Living Lab project. This project focusses on radically reducing the need for (single use) plastics by building circular business models. We are hereto (i) scouting and scaling existing Indonesian enterprises, (ii) scouting and replicating enterprises outside of Indonesia into Indonesia and (iii) developing our own ventures in Indonesia.
We are looking for a venture builder with entrepreneurial experience who will work on this project with our country director on a full-time basis.
What it means to be a Venture Builder for Enviu
In your job you will be responsible for:
• Scouting for local ventures that provide products/ services that reduce the usage of (single-use) plastics at the source
• Testing the feasibility of venture ideas through human-centred design and the lean start-up method in the field
• Building partnerships with other (social) ventures, funders, governments and large corporates
• Setting up social start-up companies, including management, team, operational and accounting back-end, financial compliance, and so on.
• Planning and budgeting for your project(s).
• Analysis and control of revenues, costs and margin.
• Collaborating with the Netherlands and India office of Enviu. The job will include regular traveling to the Netherlands (once / twice a year).
You’d be perfect for the role if you:
• Are fluent in Bahasa Indonesia (this is a MUST) and English;
• Have a proven track record of at least eight years working experience, out of which at least three years as an entrepreneur, co-founder of a start-up or part of the management team of a company holding a reasonable amount of stock (this is a must!), preferably as social entrepreneur;
• Have a relevant network;
• Have the right attitude to work with people with all kind of backgrounds, from small farmers and slum dwellers to investors or CEOs of multinationals;
• Led teams of 10+ people;
• Have a clear passion for social entrepreneurship;
• Have hands-on, can-do approach;
• Have a Bachelor’s degree at a reputed institute;
• Successful track record in multi-stakeholder project management;
• Experience in building partnerships with commercial partners (investors, corporate, NGO, Government);
• Excellent leadership and communication skills.
• Experience within the circular economy and knowledge on the challenge of plastic pollution in Indonesia are a great plus
Furthermore the ideal candidate is a people manager, fluent in English, can work independently and has a good sense of humour. Although regular traveling is part of the job, the job will be performed in Jakarta.
What we can offer in return
• Competitive package with the opportunity to develop yourself in a truly unique and challenging international environment;
• A great opportunity to develop yourself both personally and professionally;
• A job with purpose and societal, as well as environmental impact;
• The opportunity to build social enterprises;
• Working with a small group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world.
How to apply
Do you have an open, engaged and strong personality with a drive for entrepreneurship and impact? Please send your resume and short note explaining your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com . In case we have received sufficient applications at an earlier date, we may close the application term earlier.