Enviu is an experienced partner in building social enterprises which address the world’s biggest environmental and social challenges. Our ambitions are high. By 2022, we want to have impacted the lives and habitats of at least 5 million people worldwide. In order to achieve this, we’re teaming up with the “best of the best”.
Enviu is looking for an associate venture builder for its office-to-be in Malaysia. Enviu is looking for enthusiastic people with an interest in start-ups as well as the environment who are willing to set up social enterprises that aim to contribute to system changes.
Are you up for this challenge?
Let us introduce ourselves a bit more
Hi, we’re Enviu
- Our life work is improving the world through impact-driven entrepreneurship.
- We have a can-do and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Together is more: we co-create with partners and with local communities.
- We are action-driven deal and impact makers.
- We are young at heart, eager to learn, and pioneers.
- We work with ~50 great people in our offices in Rotterdam, Jakarta, Bangalore, Santiago & Nairobi. Kuala Lumpur is the next in line !
About the Role
In collaboration with GIZ, we are initiating Enviu’s office in Malaysia to set up Zero Waste Living Lab (ZWLL). ZWLL focusses on reducing the need for (single use) plastics by introducing alternative supply chains. We are hereto (i) scouting and scaling existing Malaysian enterprises; and (ii) scouting and replicating enterprises outside of Malaysia into Malaysia.
We are looking for associate venture builders with entrepreneurial interest who will work on this project on a full-time basis. You will work with 1-2 colleagues and supported by a local Enviu advisor.
What it means to be an Associate Venture Builder for Enviu
In your job you will be responsible for:
- Testing the feasibility of venture ideas through human-centred design and the lean start-up method in the field under guidance of experienced venture builders.
- Assisting in the development of the revenue and business model, as well as the communication & branding strategy and social media.
- Assisting in partnerships with other (social) ventures, funders, governments and large corporates
- Collaborating with the Netherlands and Jakarta office of Enviu, guided by our regional director for SE Asia in Singapore.
You’d be perfect for the role if you:
- Are fluent in Malay (this is a MUST) and English;
- Have a proven track record of at least three years working experience, in a start-up is a pre;
- Have hands-on, can-do approach;
- Have a relevant network;
- Have the right attitude to work with people with all kind of backgrounds, from small farmers and slum dwellers to investors or CEOs of multinationals;
- Have a clear passion for social entrepreneurship;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree at a reputed institute;
- Successful track record in multi-stakeholder project management;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience within the circular economy and knowledge on the challenge of plastic pollution in Malaysia are a great plus.
Furthermore the ideal candidate is a people manager, can work independently and has a good sense of humour. The job will be performed in Malaysia, from home, in the field or from a co work space.
What we can offer in return
- Competitive package with the opportunity to develop yourself in a truly unique and challenging international environment;
- A great opportunity to develop yourself both personally and professionally;
- A job with purpose and societal, as well as environmental impact;
- The opportunity to build social enterprises;
- Working with a small group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world.
How to apply
Do you have an open, engaged and strong personality with a drive for entrepreneurship and impact? Please send your resume and short note explaining your interest to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 December 2020. In case we have received sufficient applications at an earlier date, we may close the application term earlier, so don’t wait until the last day!