CEO for Janta Meals
Janta Meals is one of Enviu’s world changing companies! Janta Meals is a start-up in the hospitality industry based out of Gurgaon. Janta Meals has been founded on the idea to make available high quality, Indian meals at affordable prices, accessible to all.
Janta Meals started in 2013 by Dutch entrepreneur Jesse van de Zand. In 2015, it served 10,000 – 15,000 meals a day. However, Janta Meals had to scale down due to operational concerns after which Jesse had to set a step back as CEO of the company in 2017. Jesse is currently non-executive director in Janta Meals, and assists the company in fund raising and stakeholder management.
Janta Meals is now starting its second life. It has currently received a new round of funding in order to build a small but efficient and modern kitchen, as well as a number of new outlets. The kitchen has just been opened and the first basic outlet is up and running. Janta Meals is now looking for an experienced CEO who will take the lead in the expansion of the business. Someone with a clear vision, who is able to expand the business to one of the larger players in the field, supported by a network of business men and angel investors, as well as senior advisors from India and the Netherlands, among which incubator and co-founder Enviu, where Jesse heads the activities in India.
The right candidate must be ready to build and model a great company culture, provide inspired leadership to our executive team, establish a great working relationship with the investors and set a course for company strategy. More than anything, the candidate must be willing to take risks and step in as an entrepreneur.
We are looking for a CEO/ Entrepreneur for Janta Meals. Responsibilities include:
- Have a vision about how to build the business of Janta Meals to a large MNC;
- Direct the company in keeping with the vision outlined for the company by you in consultation with the investors.
- Meet milestones in order to realize series A and series B funding into the company.
- Understanding how operations can be scaled, supporting the operations team here where needed.
- Builds a positive and productive culture in the workplace by listening to employee opinions, making adjustments, and recognizing the team’s accomplishments.
- Work closely with the CA to prepare annual budgets, complete risk analysis on potential investments, and advise the investors with regard to investment risk and return.
- Setting up robust account systems that will allow for determining margins and scaling operations.
- Oversee quality control throughout the company, establishing goals for each department.
- Oversee the creation of the M&C strategy of Janta Meals.
- Oversee the creation of the look & feel and branding of outlets and canteens.
- Build a sales network among potential bulk customers, such as BPOs, offices, schools, NGOs, construction sites, and so on.
- Represent the company as required, including attendance of important functions, industry events and public meetings.
Location: Gurgaon, India Duration: Indefinite Starting: October 2018.
Compensation: To be discussed. Intention is to provide a considerable equity stake in the company, plus a basic remuneration once the initial probation period has lapsed.
We are looking for someone with:
- Entrepreneurial mindset, a go-getter with excellent organizational and relationship management skills.
- 10+ years of entrepreneurial experience/ experience as founder or CxO in a MNC, preferably in the hospitality or retail sector.
- A relevant degree at a top college.
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts.
- Experience in building and handling teams of 30+ people.
- Clear ideas about sales and marketing & communication strategies.
- Passion for providing healthy, Indian meals to people with lower budgets.
- Good research and data gathering skills.
- Outstanding communication skills in English and Hindi.
- Ability to work independently and follow a structured process.
- Ability to work in all segments of society and to communicate with everyone, from factory worker to CEO and investor.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Demonstrated managerial ability, human resource management experiences.
- Well-connected in Delhi NCR.
Please address all correspondence to Jesse van de Zand (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are looking forward to hearing form you!