Controller (24-28 hours)
Hi! We’re Enviu. We believe in an inclusive economy that serves people and planet. We build ventures that address social and environmental issues hands-on, and drive market development. But if we could do this on our own we would not be dreaming big enough. We have a large and varying network of entrepreneurs, experts, philanthropists, and enthusiasts who we team up with.
We are currently looking for a controller who can support our Head of Finance Jochem in shaping the controlling of Enviu and its ventures. Someone who can build administratively sound processes, can act as a sparring partner for our international team, and someone who can create great reporting. Can you bring structure and overview? Are you eager to make things better and can you build relations? Well… than we are looking for you!
Let us introduce ourselves a bit more…
- We dream big: a future that seems impossible. We take action ourselves and invite others to turn impossible to ‘I’m possible’
- We are passionate about changing the world for the better and bring an impact-driven entrepreneurial attitude to do so
- If we think we can do something on our own, we are not dreaming big enough: Together is more
- We want to support you to discover what you deeply want to do, what you are good at, and what gives meaning to your life
- We learn, not to judge the past, but to improve the future
- We work with ~35 great people in our offices in Rotterdam, Bangalore & Nairobi
- Work your magic and deliver on internal control, financial information and reporting;
- Be a process guru that can manage a global planning and control cycle;
- Be building relationships with 3rd parties like accountants and lawyers, in India, Kenya and Netherlands;
- Setting up and improve processes where necessary – efficiency and structure is total rock & roll!;
- Work on some additional all-round administrative tasks (f.e. expense reports) and teaming up with & support the head of finance;
- Provide the occasional finance support for our portfolio companies;
- The right background: A bachelors degree in business finance or accounting;
- A matching experience: Experience in financial control; and ideally, work experience at an accountancy firm;
- The right eye: The ability to create structure and overview;
- A love for complexity: Proven successful in complex business environments;
- You’re a go-getter who takes initiative and who would like to explore new opportunities to improve your work; and
- You possess the willingness to learn a lot and you really like funny talks with colleagues.
- Room for you to discover what you like to do, think creatively and take initiative
- An entrepreneurial start-up environment that gives you space to think independently and explore your potential
- A sneak peek in the international kitchen of Enviu, where you can meet all venture builders and discuss their projects
- A nice and welcoming office space in the center of Rotterdam, with fair chain coffee, exotic teas and fruits waiting for you every morning
- Working with a group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world
Send us your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and before November 21st 2018
Call (010) 2887970 and ask for Jochem or send an email to email@example.com if you need more information.
We hope to hear from you soon!