Director of Operations @ Khaloom B.V., India
We at Khaloom are looking for an energetic colleague to come on board as a Director of Operations in India. If you have lived experience of scaling operations in high quality fabric development and production, we would love to hear from you.
An India based textile design and production house, Khaloom is a venture, addressing both social and environmental sustainability in the textile industry. Khaloom upcycles recycled yarns into high-quality fabric by leveraging unique features of traditional handlooms. Through this locally embedded, culturally relevant model we are pioneering a socially and environmentally responsible engine of change towards an inclusive economy. Due to the unique product, by choosing us, brands set a new standard for the global textile industry.
With recently raised funding for expansion, we are hungry to grow fast and scale our impact offering you the opportunity to envision and build this out with our awesome teams in Bangalore and Europe.
You’d be great for the role if you have / can do the following:
- Operations Expertise:
– Extensive experience in the handloom / fabric production industry, setting up and leading end-to-end and day-to-day operations of 100 employees or more;
– Deep applied understanding of handloom production;
– Experience in establishing quality benchmarks and driving continuous improvement for processes
– Experience in developing and managing strong supply chains for fabric manufacturing at multiple levels of scale;
- Product Innovation Expertise:
– End-to-end Expertise in design and development of the technical product
- Entrepreneurial with a strong network and a keen eye for the big picture:
– Experience in developing go-to market strategy and enterprise positioning
– Develop and own the product roadmap
– Passion for fabrics and retail with experience with international fashion brands;
– A relevant retail network and business contacts within textile industry;
– Knowledge of total production cycle within the B2B or B2C retail industry;
- Fluency in Kannada is a pre-requisite, as the weavers speak Kannada;
- A Hands-on and entrepreneurial mindset is key
- Great communication skills
- A graduate degree related to commercial business, textiles or fashion;
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, CRM, Office);
- Set targets and own the execution capability of the organization, collaborating closely with the team in Bangalore and Europe to deliver customer experience excellence
- Manage existing unit in Karnataka of weavers and supporting staff and drive expansion to set up and run a new unit of 50 handloom weavers in Karnataka as a start;
- Develop quality benchmarks, production controls and professionalize processes to deliver world class turn-key capability while pushing resource frontiers
- Manage budgets and maximize performance to align with KPI’s;
- Produce new fabric collections and start new product development and continuously enhance our value proposition;
- Be a visionary to social & environmental challenges within textile industry and contribute actively to strengthen Khaloom’s positioning internally and externally;
Send your resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 March 2020.