Entrepreneur / Country Manager Janta Meals Kenya
Food start-up & social enterprise Janta Meals is looking for an entrepreneurial country manager with strong hospitality background to take the lead in its expansion to Kenya. Its successful small-restaurant chain offers affordable, nutritious, tasty and hygienically prepared meals in lower income urban areas. With support from Janta Meals India and Enviu East Africa, the country manager will take up the opportunity to adapt the concept to the local context, successfully start-up operations, launch the brand and scale the venture into a full-fledged restaurant chain.
Application deadline: 21 September 2018.
Click here to apply
About Janta Meals
Janta Meals is an award-winning social enterprise and restaurant chain from Delhi, India, contributing to solving the major issue of malnutrition. The objective of Janta Meals is to provide a tasty, affordable, nutritious, hygienic meal option, based on menu items instantly recognizable to the local palate, to lower income urbanites. Janta Meals will sell full meals in the price range of KES 30 to KES 90 through a network of outlets that are being supplied from a central kitchen.
Through its replicable model, strong quality management and operational excellence it is uniquely positioned to become an excellent alternative to current street food outlets, expanding to scale and creating impact through a profitable business model.
As this is the first step in our international expansion, we are looking for a food and hospitality pioneer that loves to take up amongst others the following challenges:
- Adjust the business model, branding and positioning to the local context
- Recruitment of first team members
- Establish an attractive menu with the involvement of local chefs
- Set up the first central kitchen with a capacity of ~ 5,000 meals a day
- Design and set up the first outlets
- Improving the customer experience in the retail outlets
- Take care of local business, hospitality and tax compliances
- Take care of financial reporting towards Janta Meals and its funders
- Build a sales network among potential bulk customers, such as offices, schools, NGOs, construction sites, etc.
- Manage all operations and ensure steady growth according to strategy
- Flexibility to adjust as the business demands
- Turn the company break-even in two years
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Starting: Preferably November 2018
Compensation: To be discussed. Intention is to include an equity stake in the company in Kenya.
We are looking for someone with:
- An entrepreneurial mindset, a proactive go-getter with excellent organizational and relationship management skills
- 10+ years of experience in retail sales at a senior level in the hospitality sector
- A relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at a reputed college
- Clear ideas about sales and marketing & communication strategies
- Passion for providing healthy, Kenyan meals to people with lower budgets
- Experience in the local food supply chain and purchasing supplies in Kenya
- Outstanding communication skills in English and Swahili
- Ability to work independently and follow a structured process
- Ability to work in all segments of society and to communicate with everyone, from street food vendor to CEO and investor
- Willingness to travel as required
- Demonstrated managerial ability and human resource management experiences
- Well-connected in Nairobi
- education or experience in business/management is a plus
- Familiarity with Kenya restaurant/food licensing and regulatory requirements & process is a plus
How to apply
Please direct your questions about this vacancy to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Applications without a motivation letter / email will not be reviewed.
Commercial acquisition based on this job opening is not appreciated.