Head of finance @ Enviu
We are looking for a head of finance who can shape the controlling of Enviu and its ventures together with the smashing finance team. Someone who understands that where impact meets business, magic happens. Someone who likes to build our business in an entrepreneurial, dynamic environment. And who can, in addition, advise our (international) ventures & programs on financial scenarios. Do you see the long-term financial consequences of decisions and do you have a more financial approach towards businesses? Can you bring structure and overview? Are you pro-active and communicative, can you build relations? Well… then we are looking for you!
Let us introduce ourselves a bit more…
Enviu believes in an economy that serves people and planet. And in the power of impact-driven entrepreneurship to get us there. Together with partners we develop issue driven, entrepreneurial programs to disrupt and drive specific industries towards a “new normal.” We build multiple companies that prove inclusive and sustainable business models, and inspire the market to do the same. But if we could do this alone we would not be dreaming big enough: Working together is the starting point of this new economy!
- We dream big: a future that seems impossible. We take action ourselves and invite others to turn impossible to ‘I’m possible’
- We are passionate about changing the world for the better and bring an impact-driven entrepreneurial attitude to do so
- If we think we can do something on our own, we are not dreaming big enough: Together is more
- We want to support you to discover what you deeply want to do, what you are good at, and what gives meaning to your life
- We learn, not to judge the past, but to improve the future
- We work with ~35 great people in our offices in Rotterdam, Bangalore, Santiago & Nairobi
- Advise the MT on strategic business decisions, and business monitoring approach
- Build on what we have and take Enviu to the next level in Finance & Controlling
- Handle financial management of our international country offices.
- Manage the financial team and ensure timely and correct financial reporting
- Manage the planning and control cycle
- Ensure our governance/organization structure meets all requirements of transparency and clarity
- Work with 3rd parties like accountants, lawyers and investment partners
- Check the financial soundness of business cases in our programs
- Provide the occasional finance support for our portfolio companies
- A Master’s degree in business finance
- Experience in financial control
- Experience in a project-based environment
- The drive to make a positive change in the world
- Ideally working experience at an accountancy firm and some years in a business
- Ability to create structure and overview
- Proven successful in complex business environments.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate is a people manager, has excellent leadership and communication skills, is fluent in English and has a good sense of humor. The contract hours are between 32 – 40 hours per week.
- An opportunity to build and lead a finance department and grow towards a CFO role
- An entrepreneurial start-up environment that gives you space to think independently and explore your potential
- Be part of the momentum to build and grow Enviu towards global impact
- A nice and welcoming office space in the center of Rotterdam, with fair chain coffee, exotic teas and fruits waiting for you every morning
- Working with a group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world
- Work that matters
Are you up for a new challenge?
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 1st of July, 2019.
We hope to hear from you soon!