Hi! We’re Enviu. We believe in an inclusive economy that serves people and planet. We build ventures that address social and environmental issues hands-on, and drive market development. But if we could do this on our own we would not be dreaming big enough. We have a large and varying network of entrepreneurs, experts, philanthropists, and enthusiasts who we team up with. We are currently looking for an intern to join the THRUST programme.
THRUST is giving the energy transition on water a push forward
The climate is warming faster today than any point in the past 2,000 years. If no action is taken, the global climate impact share of shipping is set to increase exponentially in the coming decades.
THRUST (Towards Hydrogen-based Renewables Used for Ship Transportation) is Enviu’s multi-year initiative to help reduce the climate impact caused by the maritime transport industry and make sustainable growth possible.
To spur systemic change THRUST spots and embraces ground-breaking innovations on zero harmful emission solutions, initiates pilot projects and builds new ventures. By building on fundamental research, founding first of a kind projects, and setting up consortia of like-minded stakeholders we are accelerating change. We are looking for an ambitious intern that is keen to join us on our mission.
About your role:
You will have the opportunity to help further develop and realize the vision we have created for THRUST in general by supporting the team:
- with R&D-activities on zero harmful emission maritime technologies by performing desktop research on innovations, market studies and benchmarks; and
- with the validation of business models and preparation of presentations, marketing material & reports.
In particular you will:
- maintain, expand and enhance our in-house developed THRUST IMPACT MODEL;
- analyse and develop technical solutions for zero-emission bunker-stations and vessels; and
- help tackle safety & regulatory challenges towards introduction of novel energy solutions.
We are looking for a devoted Master’s student who:
- has a technical background;
- has affinity with zero emission fuels, such as hydrogen;;
- spots business opportunities behind technologies;
- is creative and able to develop sustainable business concepts;
- has excellent communication skills;
- enjoys working in a team;
- has a good sense of humour; and
- is available for at least 4-6 months.
What we can offer in return:
- work experience on ground breaking innovations;
- an internship with purpose and meaning;
- be part of group of passionate colleagues and partners;
- a monthly remuneration of € 500,-
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Duration: 4- 6 month internship
- Location: Rotterdam (online, but opportunities for team interaction)
- We have Covid guidelines for working at the office; we’re currently working from home fulltime, but we hope you’ll be able to work from the office once or twice a week as soon as this lockdown ends.
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 31st 2021. Call (010) 2887970 or send an email to email@example.com if you need more information or have any questions.
We hope to hear from you soon!