Hi! We’re Enviu. We believe in an inclusive economy that serves people and planet. We build ventures that address social and environmental issues hands-on, and drive market development. But if we could do this on our own, we would not be dreaming big enough. We have a large and varying network of entrepreneurs, experts, philanthropists, and enthusiasts who we team up with.
We are looking for a Communication & Content Creation intern to join the FoodFlow program (see: http://foodflow.enviu.org) in our office in Nairobi, Kenya. In this program, we showcase a 0% post-harvest food waste horticulture value chain. We build and scale ventures that reduce losses within the value chain, tackling the issue at the source.
Let us introduce ourselves a bit more…
- We dream big: a future that seems impossible. We take action ourselves and invite others to turn impossible to ‘I’m possible’;
- We are passionate about changing the world for the better and bring an impact-driven entrepreneurial attitude to do so;
- If we think we can do something on our own, we are not dreaming big enough: Together is more;
- We want to support you to discover what you deeply want to do, what you are good at, and what gives meaning to your life;
- We learn, not to judge the past, but to improve the future;
- We work with ~40 great people in our offices in Rotterdam, Bangalore, Jakarta & Nairobi.
- Join the FoodFlow team, based in Nairobi, with global reach and working closely with our Dutch Marketing and Communications team;
- Support with communication outings on social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram), in our newsletter and website by creating relevant content and graphics;
- Support implementing our communications strategy and plan;
- Collect and share inspiring stories of local entrepreneurs through shooting and collecting photo and video footage, as well as holding interviews;
- Support with copy editing and copy writing.
We can discuss when you will start and for what duration, what works well for both of us. Ideal commitment is 6 months, working 3 days per week, starting date as soon as possible. Location is our Nairobi office.
- A student, or just finished being a student, in a relevant field such as Communication, Design, Science Communication or similar;
- Living in Nairobi, with an existing eligibility to work in Kenya;
- With an existing interest in agriculture and smallholder farming in Kenya;
- Experienced with design programs like Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop;
- A hands-on mentality;
- Passionate about combating food waste and increasing food security, a supporter of the circular economy, and keen to make a difference;
- Buzzing with creative ideas on how to showcase our program work and our ventures;
- Sound written and verbal knowledge of English;
- Experience with film editing (Adobe Premiere) would be a great bonus!
- Preferably also handy with and passionate about visualization tools like photography and video;
- Eager to be part of an international organization that is driven by creating positive impact and lasting change.
- Hands-on experience in communication and content creation in one of our flagship programs;
- Room for you to discover what you like to do, think creatively and take initiative;
- An entrepreneurial start-up environment that gives you space to think independently and explore your potential;
- A sneak peek in the international kitchen of Enviu, where you can meet all venture builders and discuss their projects;
- A nice and welcoming office co-working space in Nairobi, as long as COVID-19 regulations allow us to gather there. We also facilitate working from home, in consultation with your manager;
- Working with a group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world;
- Personal development, development of knowledge and (free) training;
- Use of a company laptop;
- Monthly Internship remuneration will lie between 200 and 300 USD. This is an indicative amount, depending on your experience level and on the amount of hours / days you will be working weekly.
To apply, click the button below
You can attach your CV, motivation letter and, if available, your portfolio showcasing relevant pieces of work to this form. The deadline to apply is as soon as possible but no later than June 11th. We will review applications coming in on a rolling basis. Please send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions or if you need more information.
We hope to hear from you soon!