Internship: Venture Builder, combating desertification with future proof agriculture
Hi! We’re Enviu. We believe in an inclusive economy that serves people and planet. We build ventures that address social and environmental issues hands-on, and drive market development. But if we could do this on our own we would not be dreaming big enough. We have a large and varying network of entrepreneurs, experts, philanthropists, and enthusiasts who we team up with.
We are looking for an intern to join our brand-new project on desertification and restoration agriculture. We’re studying the economic and agronomic feasibility of a future proof agricultural company with sea buckthorn, combating land degradation in areas heavily affected by desertification.
Are you an entrepreneurial, bright mind with business skills, eager to make an impact? And are you up for this challenge?
Let us introduce ourselves a bit more
Hi, we’re Enviu
• We dream big: a future that seems impossible. We take action ourselves and invite others to turn impossible to ‘I’m possible’;
• We are passionate about changing the world for the better and bring an impact-driven entrepreneurial attitude to do so;
• If we think we can do something on our own, we are not dreaming big enough: Together is more;
• We want to support you to discover what you deeply want to do, what you are good at, and what gives meaning to your life;
• We learn,not to judge the past, but to improve the future;
• We work with ~35 great people in our offices in Rotterdam, Bangalore, Jakarta, Santiago de Chile & Nairobi.
• Join a dedicated team of venture builders in Rotterdam
• Research the economic, agronomic and environmental possibilities of the venture
• Study the market opportunity for model
• Test the assumptions on our business model via desk research and interviews
• Develop a business and impact model
• Starting date: October 2019
• Duration: 3 months; 3-4 days per week
• We’re working from the office in Rotterdam
• Renumeration can be discussed
• a Master student, or just finished being a student, in a relevant field such as Sustainability/Environmental Science, (Social) Innovation or Business Administration;
• Entrepreneurial and keen about lean start-up methodology
• Passionate about social entrepreneurship, land degradation and sustainable agriculture
• A pro in asking critical questions and structuring your research findings
• Fluent in writing English.
• Flexible and you thrive in changing environments
• Hands-on experience in designing a promising new social venture
• A great opportunity to develop yourself both personally and professionally;
• A job with purpose and societal impact;
• A sneak peek in the international kitchen of Enviu, where you can meet all venture builders and discuss their projects;
• Working with a group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world;
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter explaining your interest as soon as possible, but no later than the 5th of September 2019
Email Subject: Venture Builder Intern restoration agriculture
Send your application to email@example.com