Hi! We’re Enviu. We believe in an inclusive economy that serves people and planet. We build ventures that address social and environmental issues hands-on, and drive market development. But if we could do this on our own we would not be dreaming big enough. We have a large and varying network of entrepreneurs, experts, philanthropists, and enthusiasts who we team up with. We are currently looking for an intern to join the THRUST programme.
THRUST is giving the energy transition on water a push forward
The climate is warming faster today than any point in the past 2,000 years. If no action is taken, the global climate impact share of shipping is set to increase exponentially in the coming decades.
THRUST (Towards Hydrogen-based Renewables Used for Ship Transportation) is ENVIU’s multi-year initiative to help reduce the climate impact caused by the maritime transport industry and make sustainable growth possible.
To spur systemic change THRUST spots and embraces ground-breaking innovations on zero harmful emission solutions, initiates pilot projects and builds new ventures. By building on fundamental research, founding first of a kind projects, and setting up consortia of like-minded stakeholders we are accelerating change. We are looking for an ambitious intern that is keen to join us on our mission.
Internship Zero Emission Vessel Design
About your role:
You will have the opportunity to help further develop and realise the vision we have created for THRUST in general by supporting the team:
- by delivering a concept design for a novel zero emission vessel to be used for inner city B2B logistics transportation over water.
In particular you will develop:
- the vessel’s programme of requirements and operational profile;
- the functional design;
- an optimised hull-shape to reduce wave-making;
- a 3D model of the concept design.
We are looking for a devoted Master’s student who:
- has a technical design background and affinity Marine Technology;
- has affinity with zero emission fuels, such as hydrogen;;
- has strong design skills;
- is able to develop innovative concepts;
- has excellent communication skills;
- enjoys working in a team;
- has a good sense of humour; and
- is available for at least 4-6 months.
What we can offer in return:
- work experience on ground breaking innovations;
- an internship with purpose and meaning;
- be part of group of passionate colleagues and partners;
- a monthly remuneration of € 500,-
Enviu, Pannekoekstraat 100, 3011 LL Rotterdam
thrust.enviu.org / www.enviu.org
Send us your CV and motivation letter via email, to email@example.com before July 31st 2020.
Please note that due to Corona we have guidelines for working at the office, which means we are working from home a bit more than we we’re used to. Hence, we’ll be meeting both in real-life and digitally. We hope to hear from you soon!