Online Sourcing Specialist @ Discovered, India
Discovered, a venture founded by Enviu, offers artisans a platform to connect directly to global customers. By selling their handmade & unique products, they can grow their own businesses. Discovered is a start-up based in The Hague, the Netherlands. We have a great team working from our office in The Hague as well as Bangalore. You will be based in Bangalore.
We are looking for an Online Sourcing Specialist who has knowledge about handicraft products and can work with artisans globally in order to on board them and help them list their products on Discovered. Your job will be to stroll the internet and allocate artisans from all over the world, contact them, enable them to open a shop on Discovered and start selling their handcrafted products to a Western audience.
We are looking for an energetic individual who would love to handhold artisans through the on-boarding process and have fun while doing it.
Are you up for this challenge?
What it means to be an Online Sourcing Specialist for Discovered
- Identify new artisans leads with amazing products online, directly or through intermediaries.
- Introduce Discovered to them and motivate to join the platform.
- Assist and train artisan in opening and operate their shop.
- Guide them in product selection and pricing.
- Train them in basic product photography, content updating,
- Evaluate the artisans impact and manage their account.
- Maintain trackers.
- Improve the activation process.
You will be perfect for the role if you have…
- Proven experience in sourcing products from handicraft organisations/artisans.
- Experience with startups or e-commerce platform like Jaypore, Ajio, Amazon, Flipkartµ etc. preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of (sales of) artisanal products.
- Proficient in online search and reporting tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. You will be communicating with people globally, hence you should be able to make yourself well understood verbally and written, even to these who may not be that profound in English.
- Any other languages spoken in Latin America, Africa or Asia are a big plus.
- Experience in Quality management.
- Excellent MS Excel skills.
- The right attitude to work with people with all kind of backgrounds.
- A hands-on, can-do approach.
- A Post Graduate or Bachelor’s degree in Design/Marketing/Sales/Management from a reputed institute.
Moreover, the ideal candidate is a people person, can work independently and has a good sense of humour.
What we offer
- Opportunity to develop yourself in a truly unique and challenging international environment.
- A great opportunity to develop yourself both personally and professionally.
- A job with purpose that creates social & economic impact.
- The opportunity to work with and build social enterprises.
- Working with a small group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world.
We look forward to hearing from you!