Operations Manager Role – SokoFresh
SokoFresh is a pioneer is first mile off-grid cold storage solutions for farmers and farmer agents in the horticultural value chains. SokoFresh works in the Mango, Avocado and French Beans value chains offering a Rent As You Store model to lower the barrier for farmers, agents and exporters to preserve the quality of their produce during first mile aggregation.
SokoFresh is powered by Enviu, a venture building studio. The operations are currently in Murang’a County with ambitions to scale to Makueni, Meru, Laikipia and Machakos County.
We are looking for an ambitious candidate with experience in supply chain and logistics in the agri-sector who is ready to take leadership in the management of operations for SokoFresh. This entails managing day to day operations at 2 SokoFresh containers starting in Murang’a County then growing to other Counties including Machakos, Meru, Makueni etc.
Are you driven to provide a smooth operation, correct administration and growing engagement of SokoFresh in the community? Are you skilled in inventory management, logistics and supply chain management?
About the role. The role entails managing relationships with several stakeholders and constant learning, iteration and testing.
The key tasks are as follows;
Cold Storage management
- Daily management of the cold storage infrastructure includes:
- Collection, recording of inventory in/out of cold storages
- Oversight of cleaning and correct labelling of all produce
- Oversight of temperature & humidity maintenance
- Review of maintenance & repair needs and overseeing such activities
- Documentation of the inventory and usage of the cold storage(s)
- Customer relationship management
- Conducting quality inspections on stored produce to ensure no contamination or spoilage
- Invoicing for paying customers of the cold storage and other petty cash management
- Cold storage migration planning and oversight
- Managing relationships with suppliers and ensuring timely provision of all services
Data Collection and reporting
- Data collection from agents, farmers
- Scheduling and carrying out interviews, surveys with farmers and agents
- Report writing
- Trainings users on the storage procedures at the cold storages
- Managing training sessions provided by third parties
- Recording attendance, notes, queries and issues raised during training
Field work and Community engagement
- Meeting with community stakeholders including farmer group leaders, SokoFresh Partners etc
- Organizing for training sessions, demos and other activities
- Scheduling and attending farmer visits
- Undergraduate degree in business studies with a specialty in procurement and logistics with 3-5 years of work experience.
- Passion for transformation of small holder farmer lives
- 2-3 years work experience in an Agritech company preferably working in horticulture
- Experience in farmer mobilization, training and stakeholder management
- Expert in data collection, report writing and communication.
- Experience in inventory management, logistics planning
- Experience in using technology for data collection
- Willingness to work in a start-up environment
Application deadline: 18th March 2020
To apply for the role visit this link: https://forms.gle/FWnd44GumrvUcK6R6