Hi! We’re Enviu. We believe in an inclusive economy that serves people and planet. We build ventures that address social and environmental issues hands-on, and drive market development. We’re looking for a passionate PR expert who will help us go to the next level. For a while we have been keeping relatively quiet about all our (potentially) world changing initiatives. But it is time to go public. Spread the news. Inspire. Attract. Move the needle.
Are you good at finding, engaging and connecting to global, sector specific and country specific press? Able to represent many different topics at the same time? Driven to put your skills to use to create a brand new future? Then we‘re looking for you.
Let us introduce ourselves a bit more…
As a ‘social venture building studio’ Enviu has the expertise, methodology and capacity to ideate, develop and grow impact-driven ventures to a commercially viable scale. Our mission: an economy that serves people and planet. We do this through developing and implementing entrepreneurial programs to facilitate the transition of a sector to a “new normal”. We’re currently active in the shipping, apparel, zero waste, financial inclusion, and food loss sectors. Over the past 16 years we have co-founded 18 ventures through our teams in Kenya, India, Chile, Indonesia and the Netherlands.
A lot of exciting things are happening at Enviu. Every day we’re exploring and defining the frontiers of impact-driven entrepreneurship. We are looking for a person who can help us build Enviu’s presence in the media, and that of our programs and ventures. Practically this comes down to:
- Refine/define our PR strategy
- Find and get to know our audiences to understand where we need to publish
- Build and nurture press contacts using tools like Meltwater
- Run effective PR campaigns that deliver measurable results
- Monitor and analyze output in the press
- Keep up to date with Enviu and its programs & ventures to hunt down newsworthy media moments
- Bridge between Enviu/programs/ventures and the press
- Think creatively about what we can do to improve our public reach
- Write tailored press releases and other media communications to promote Enviu and its programs & ventures
- Help our ventures with ad hoc media publications
- Help build world changing companies!
- A connector: you know exactly where to pitch what news to connect Enviu and its programs & ventures with the right media
- A great storyteller: You know how to sell the story in such a way that the press is lining up to publish it
- Experienced in PR; preferably in the space of (social) entrepreneurship or (impact) innovation
- Young at heart, flexible, entrepreneurial and innovative
- Creative in securing coverage and buzz
- Good at processing complex information and making it comprehensible and attractive to the press. What we do at Enviu is not easy (changing systems, building ventures, developing markets) but it is awesome and world changing. And the world needs to know.
- A hands-on mentality kind of person who can work well independently
- Experienced with Meltwater or other PR tools is a plus
- Fluent in English, and preferably also in Dutch
- Passionate about making a difference in this world, for the better!
- A hands-on and varied PR package for Enviu itself, but also the companies we build. You get to dive into different topics from zero-emission shipping to reducing plastics, from sustainable fashion to the global impact sector
- A playground where you get to put your knowledge and experience to use. Many things still have to be built from the ground up, you get to mold and create from the beginning.
- An international environment. We have ventures and offices in Rotterdam, Nairobi, Jakarta, Bangalore and Santiago de Chile.
- Room for you to discover what you like to do, think creatively and take initiative
- An entrepreneurial start-up environment that gives you space to think independently and explore your potential
- Never a dull moment. With so many start-ups new things are happening all the time
- A nice and welcoming office space in the center of Rotterdam, with fair chain coffee, exotic teas and fruits waiting for you every morning
- Working with a group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline on 17/02/2020
Call (010) 2887970 and ask for Nava Verboom, or send an email to email@example.com if you need more information.
We hope to hear from you soon!