Sales Lead for Lakshya
Enviu is an experienced partner in building social enterprises with the aim to solve the world’s biggest environmental and social challenges. We dream of an inclusive economy that serves people and planet. In order to achieve this, we’re teaming up with the “best of the best”.
Enviu has started a partnership with Just Urban Services for Transformation (JUST) under the name of “Lakshya”. JUST and Enviu are jointly working on a social venture in Bengaluru through which we will make basic financial advice and services accessible to low-income customers.
Lakshya is an early stage social enterprise working towards a unique and financially sustainable business model to provide the large numbers of underserved Indians living in urban India with access to simple, suitable and affordable financial products and services, through use of new technologies and a network of on the ground financial planners.
Our target segment includes the self- employed in the informal sector as well as blue collar workers earning upwards of Rs.15k month. This segment is currently neither fully benefitted by the Govt. schemes meant for the BPL families nor by the main-stream financial institutions who cater largely to the mass affluent in the formal sector. Products from the microfinance institutions are restricted largely to loans.
The informal sector is therefore significantly under-exposed to formal financial products especially easy to manage micro-savings products as well as insurance. Instead, they use sub-optimal products such as chit funds or savings in gold.
Currently no scalable and commercially viable model exists for financial planners servicing this segment by providing guidance and distribution of appropriate and affordable micro savings as well as insurance products backed by ongoing financial literacy and after-sales support. Lakshya is providing these services and intends to scale its activities massively through the use of data collection and IT.
About the Role
The Sales Lead will primarily be responsible for providing the customers of Lakshya with financial literacy, advice and planning. This role will be performed with customers directly, in group sessions and eventually through a team of financial planners in whose recruitment process you will be involved as well.
Once the project is in full swing, the Sales Lead will manage a team of financial planners who will offer financial literacy to the target client segment and sign them up for Lakshya’s product and services. During the pilot phase however, we expect this person to be a core member of Lakshya team and directly engage with potential customers at their home and/or work to understand their financial situation and need/suitability of the financial products. He/she will be responsible for engaging with the target clients, closing the sale and providing after sales support. He/she will also be responsible for managing the end to end relationship with anchor corporates whose employees will be the primary targets of Lakshya in the initial phase, before we move to targeting clients from the informal sector.
Being a start-up, he/she will also be involved in providing valuable inputs to the core team on product design, operations, business development and other key areas based on his/her interaction with the target client segment. This will help him/her to gain valuable professional experience and enable him to be part of the decision making process as we build the firm.
- Work in the customer planning and sales activities, which will happen in cooperation with the senior team and through the financial planners
- Lead a team of financial planners to manage customer relationships and close client sales (to be done by the incumbent himself in the initial stages of the project)
- Train, monitor and manage a team of on-the-field financial planners
- Use tools to analyse and customize financial products suitable to meet the customers’ needs
- Manage relationships with anchor corporates/other anchors who provide access to our client base
- Work closely with management on customer acquisition strategies and in identifying new customer segments
- Provide feedback to Lakshya team on product design & communication strategy for target clients
- Provide support to other department including product, operations, technology and compliance to develop customer centric products and processes
- At least a graduate from a good and reputable institute.
- Prior experience (minimum 5 years) of working in the financial sector, part of which is in sales
- Ability to meet applicable compliance norms for such role (AMFI certifications, IRDA certification)
- Strong communication and persuasive skills
- Willing to work in the field
- Fluency in Kannada and one other language
- Ability to read/write English
Good to haves
- Experience in MFIs / financial inclusion sector
- Prior experience in leading a team of 10 or more members
- Experience in start-ups
Desirable Personal attributes
- Empathy to be able to put oneself in customers’ shoes
- Attitude to find solutions in a complex environment
- Willing to work beyond JDs, avid learner, ability to adapt to new requirements
- Willing to work with diverse set of people and manage small teams
- Ability and keenness to work in a start-up environment
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with flexibility and a high level of rigor, both individually and as part of a team effort
- High standards of personal integrity
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you!