At Enviu, we believe in an inclusive economy that serves people and planet. We build programs and ventures that address social and environmental issues hands-on, and drive market development. We are growing rapidly through our offices in the Netherlands, India, Chile, Kenya, and Indonesia; working on sustainable apparel, zero-emission shipping, sustainable food systems, and zero waste consumption.
We have started our office in Indonesia to carry out the Zero Waste Living Lab project. This project focusses on reducing the need for (single use) plastics by introducing alternative supply chains. We are hereto (i) scouting and scaling existing Indonesian enterprises, (ii) scouting and replicating enterprises outside of Indonesia into Indonesia and (iii) developing our own ventures in Indonesia.
We are looking for a senior venture builder who can oversee our ventures in Indonesia, drive the development of the ventures, and lead and support the team on a daily basis to create economically viable and impactful ventures. A strong business acumen, getting-things-done mentality, and impact-drive are key.
Your role in Enviu Indonesia
Together with Enviu’s international Head of the Zero Waste Living Lab program you will create an enabling environment for the Indonesian ventures to thrive and build partnerships that accelerate achieving our impact KPI’s. You will be actively involved in developing the ventures from a strategical point of view. This includes identifying and developing viable business and financial models, creating a vision on the future of the existing ventures and identifying new opportunities, steer and support the Enviu Indonesia team on a daily basis in their venture building activities and build and manage partnerships with key venture partners. Key partners include investors, fast moving consumer goods companies and start-ups with whom we joint venture.
You will acquire and oversee the development of the ventures from 1) ideation to piloting, 2) from piloting to proof of concept, and 3) in scaling. This will involve an active external approach to build and maintain a network of local partners and interacting with high level stakeholders in the field. It will also involve supporting the team in business modelling and strategic decision making. You will build and sustain the growth and profile of the program, secure its significance to external stakeholders, raise funds, monitor its performance, and refine its strategy.
Who You Are
We are looking for a highly motivated and effective Senior Venture Builder, based in Jakarta, who has a strong business acumen and can steer the Enviu Indonesia team in building the ventures. You are familiar with and have experience in the Indonesian market and know about the different customer segments, consumer market trends, and innovations which relate to sustainability.
You know how to build businesses from scratch and strong in identifying opportunities and developing business and financial models. You strive for innovation and are driven by the spirit of collaboration and impact. You can forge and develop new collaborations and adopt strategic thinking.
You are practical, knowledgeable and skillful, and looking for a challenge to make an impact. You want to get your hands dirty to create smart interventions to ensure a positive transition to a zero waste system.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Steering the ventures & team
- Keep the overview of the ventures which we are building within the Zero Waste Living Lab Program
- Prioritize work plans and advise/mentor/coach team members as required
- Drive the development of the ventures, both impact and business wise
- Define the long term vision for the ventures and day to day priorities
- Develop new venture ideas
- Create business and financial models
- Management responsibility for project reports
Partnership management & business development
- Initiate, build and maintain strong relationships with venture partners, including fast moving consumer goods companies, and start-ups with whom we joint venture
- Initiate, build and maintain strong relationships with local program partners, impact investors and other funders
- Secure venture funding for the program’s continuity by creating and delivering proposals for funding organizations
- Together with the international Head of Zero Waste Living Lab program, you develop a vision for the scaling of the Zero Waste Living Lab program and represent the organization at high level meetings with stakeholders, relevant conferences, presenting where possible the work of Enviu within Zero Waste Living Lab, raising its profile and reputation and the public knowledge of its mission and impact
Skills and Competencies
- You have 10+ years of experience and a proven track record as an entrepreneur or co-founder of a start-up, building from scratch
- You have a strong business acumen and a proven track record in business modelling, financial modelling, strategy development, business development / fundraising, partnership management and project delivery
- You are comfortable with building relationships with partners and stakeholders, as well as identifying and acquiring new partners to enable the building and scaling of the ventures
- You are experienced in keeping the overview and break-down longer-term deliverables into day-to-day priorities
- You have a hands-on mentality and venturesome attitude
- You are fluent in English and preferably Indonesian
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in/with:
- Working with human centered design and lean startup
- Coaching and supporting ventures
- Social entrepreneurship
- Sustainability and reducing plastic pollution
- Working internationally
- Leading teams
- The circular plastics domain
- Working with key stakeholders and individuals in the field of social entrepreneurship, impact investing, circular plastics, fast moving consumer goods companies in Indonesia
What we offer you
Competitive package with the opportunity to develop yourself in a truly unique and challenging international environment
- A job with purpose and societal and environmental impact
- The opportunity to build world-changing enterprises
- Working with a group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world
For this role, we are offering an initial fulltime 1-year contract, with the aim to prolong it with an indefinite contract. Salary is competitive, keeping in mind we are a non-profit, startup organization.
Do you have an open, engaged and strong personality with a drive for entrepreneurship and impact? Please apply through the following link explaining your interest before the closing date March 9th.