Shop Content Manager
Discovered, one of Enviu’s world changing companies, offers artisans a platform to connect directly to global customers. By selling their handmade & unique products, they can grow their own businesses. We are a start-up based in The Hague, Netherlands. We have a great team working from our office in The Hague and Bangalore. You will be based in Bangalore.
We are looking for a shop content manager with a strong commercial background. You know how to identify audiences and present products in an appealing manner. You are keen on making a positive impact on the lives of artisans and you are not satisfied until everything looks neat and pretty.
Do you have a big affinity with artisanal products? Do you think that if assisted in their marketing artisans in India could have a much bigger outreach? This may be a job for you…
Every day Discovered is extending its outreach among artisans. We are looking for a person who can help us maintain and improve the quality of the product offering of artisans on our website. You ensure that products are presented in an appealing way. Moreover, you will be handling the social media promotion of Discovered to the artisans and telling their inspiring stories to the world.
Practically this comes down to:
- Direct and style all shop content in line with the brand book and mood boards of Discovered.
- Train artisans and Discovered’s merchandisers/ scouts to create quality shop content on Discovered’s platform.
- Copywriting: together with our SEO create guidelines for the description of the products in the shops of the artisans and make sure these are applied in their shops.
- Copywriting: create inspiring stories around selected artisans on Discovered.
- Product content: make sure artisans list their product in the correct categories, products are classified with correct taxonomies and check the product pricing.
- Photography skills. You will be able to create understandable guidelines for the artisans, make sure these are applied in creation of new artisan shops and from time to time create pictures yourself of selected products.
- Social Media content creation: Create a social media strategy towards the artisans. Create written and visual content for our LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter fans in a tailored way, targeting existing and new artisans.
- Graphic design. Select products that will perform well on social media.
All the work will be done in close coordination with the artisans. The job requires traveling throughout India.
- A true marketeer. Always curious about diving into the audience, thinking from their perspective, and keen to make their customer journey better.
- Good at processing complex information and making it comprehensible for all.
- Having at least five years of experience in this field.
- Active on and experienced in Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Experienced and skilled in Adobe Suites (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- A hands-on mentality kind of person who can work well independently.
- Able to handle a camera well.
- Able to quickly connect with people of all backgrounds.
- Someone who finds this JD boring, because it has been created so old fashioned.
- Buzzing with creative ideas.
- Proficient in English. You are fluent in one Indian language as well, preferably Hindi.
- A good storyteller who knows how to get to the essence quickly. You can already show some of your past work (blogs, columns, research papers, photographs, poems, lyrics, etc.).
- A self-starter, an initiator who needs no orders from someone to get the job done.
- Excited about changing the world for the better!
- A hands-on and varied marketing package.
- A playground where you get to put your knowledge and experience to use. Many things still have to be built from the ground up, you get to mold and create from the beginning.
- A job with purpose and societal impact;
- Working in a vibrant office located near Ulsoor Lake, Bangalore;
- Room for you to discover what you like to do, think creatively and take initiative
- An entrepreneurial start-up environment that gives you space to think independently and explore your potential.
Send us your CV, motivation letter, and examples of your work firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com before the 31st of January, 2019.
We hope to hear from you soon!