Enviu is an experienced partner in building social enterprises which address the world’s biggest environmental and social challenges. Our ambitions are high. By 2022, we want to have impacted the lives and habitats of at least 5 million people worldwide. In order to achieve this, we’re teaming up with the “best of the best”.
Enviu is looking for a venture builder for its office in Bangalore India. Former Indian entrepreneurs or early-stage start-up leaders that have the ambition to set up impact-driven enterprises that contribute to system change are perfect for the job.
Are you up for this challenge?
Let us introduce ourselves a bit more…
- We are a serial entrepreneur; ideating, validating and building sustainable ventures to drive tomorrow’s economy
- We start from the issue that needs a solution; we envision and design a road to disruptive change
- We take action ourselves, on the ground, proving new, sustainable models and inviting others to join
- We are passionate about changing the world for the better and bring an impact-driven entrepreneurial attitude to do so
- We partner intensively with mission-aligned, complementary organizations of all sorts
- We run 5 global programs in the domains of Textiles, Plastics, Financial Inclusion, Food & Shipping
- We have built 20 impact ventures since 2004
- We work with ~35 great people in our offices in Rotterdam, Bangalore, Jakarta, Nairobi & Santiago de Chile.
About the Role
We are developing several businesses world-wide with the aim to build world changing companies that have the potential to drive markets to a new normal. In India our key focus area is circular economy. We aim at creating and validating inclusive solutions in sustainability. Since textiles & plastics in India are major polluters, the ventures we build are already making a direct impact like water reduced, water saved & socially fair jobs created. Enviu aims to drive sustainable innovation in the current ecosystem by driving programs which build ventures at key levers of the industry. Sustainable and fair production, as well as creating value from waste derived from the production process is key. We are looking for a venture builder with entrepreneurial experience as part of the Circular Economy Program at Enviu India. Someone who creates new business models and will develop our start-up projects into fully running scalable enterprises.
- Ideate and scout new business models for ventures that provide value chain innovations and solutions
- Develop and implement current (pre) start-ups of Enviu from our ReWeave program Upset and Future Proof Production House by setting up initial operation facilities.
- Testing the feasibility of venture ideas through human-centered design and the lean start-up method in the field.
- Validate business models to create and optimize the value proposition
- Quickly prototype and test different business models or assumptions with the target group.
- Perform in-depth primary and secondary research and root cause analysis into issues in the value chains of production and consumption of food and packaging.
- Set up and structure new companies, including team, operational and accounting back-end, financial compliance, and so on.
- Make business cases, analyze and control revenues, costs and margins.
- Raise funds (both grants and equity); identify funders, financial modelling, prepare pitch decks, investor pitches and due diligence processes.
- Build key partnerships, with both large and small organizations.
- Get the work of Enviu out there, by building a network and sharing our work
- Plan and budget for your project(s).
- Collaborate with the other country teams. The job will include traveling to the Netherlands (once / twice a year) once the pandemic allows so.
You’d be perfect for the role if you have:
- A proven track record of at least 8 years working experience, out of which at least three years as entrepreneur, co-founder of a start-up or part of the management team of a company, preferably as impact-driven entrepreneur;
- Substantial experience with Lean Startup and Human Centric Design methodologies;
- Passion for and experience in circular economy in general, and the fields of circular fashion, agriculture, food logistics, reuse models for packaging;
- A Master’s degree at a reputed institute;
- Fluency in English and Hindi. South-Indian languages are a pre;
- A relevant network;
- The right attitude to work with people with all kinds of backgrounds, from small farmers to investors or CEOs;
- Experience in building partnerships and fundraising with commercial partners (investors, corporate, NGO, Government);
- Led teams
- Passion for impact-driven entrepreneurship;
- Empathy and are inquisitive;
- A hands-on, can-do approach;
- Successful track record in multi-stakeholder project management.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills;
- Fulltime availability in Bangalore.