Hi! We’re Enviu. We believe in an inclusive economy that serves people and planet. We build ventures that address social and environmental issues hands-on, and drive market development. But if we could do this on our own we would not be dreaming big enough. We have a large and varying network of entrepreneurs, experts, philanthropists, and enthusiasts who we team up with.
We are looking for a Venture Builder to join our office in Rotterdam. The best Venture Builders are former entrepreneurs (or early-stage start-up leaders) who are now willing to set up social enterprises that contribute to system change. Are you up for this challenge?
Let us introduce ourselves a bit more…
- We are a serial entrepreneur; ideating, validating and building sustainable ventures to drive tomorrow’s economy
- We start from the issue that needs a solution; we envision and design a road to disruptive change
- We take action ourselves, on the ground, proving new, sustainable models and inviting others to join
- We are passionate about changing the world for the better and bring an impact-driven entrepreneurial attitude to do so
- We partner intensively with mission-aligned, complementary organizations of all sorts
- We run 5 global programs in the domains of Plastics, Textiles, Shipping, Financial Inclusion and Food
- We have built 20 impact ventures since 2004
- We work with ~35 great people in our offices in Rotterdam, Bangalore, Jakarta, Nairobi & Santiago de Chile.
- Be analyzing systems to discover key leverage points to drive systemic change and be building theories of change to reach our ambitions
- Be ideating and innovating game-changers towards an inclusive economy
- Be quickly prototyping and testing different ideas for business models with the target group through iterative piloting
- Be building key partnerships, with both large and small organizations, commercial and non-commercial
- Be setting up start-up companies, including management, team, operational and accounting back-end, financial compliance, and so on.
- Be managing, planning and budgeting for your project
- Be collaborating with the international offices of Enviu.
- Be building world changing companies!
- A proven track record of at least seven years working experience, out of which at least three years as entrepreneur, co-founder of a start-up or part of the management team of a start-up
- The right attitude to work with people with all kind of backgrounds, from small farmers and slum dwellers to investors or CEOs of multinationals;
- The ability to think conceptually and act pragmatically
- A successful track record in multi-stakeholder project management;
- Experience in building partnerships with commercial partners (investors, corporate, NGO, Government);
- Expertise and experience in driving sustainable food systems is a definite pre
- Experience with innovation methodologies like Lean Startup and Human Centric Design.
- A love for diving into a chunk of information to connect the dots and bring structure
- Passion about changing the world for the better!
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- A proven process to build scalable social ventures
- An entrepreneurial start-up environment that gives you space to think independently and explore your potential
- To be part of the momentum to build and grow Enviu towards global Impact
- A nice and welcoming office space in the center of Rotterdam, with fair chain coffee, exotic teas and fruits waiting for you every morning
- Working with a group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world
- Work that matters
- A position based on 32-40 hours.
Send your CV and motivation as soon as possible but no later than October 11th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call (010) 2887970 and ask for Annika, or send an email to email@example.com if you need more information.
We hope to hear from you soon!