Venture Builder for Enviu East Africa
We believe in an inclusive economy that serves people and planet. We build ventures that address social and environmental issues hands-on, and drive market development. In order to achieve this, we’re teaming up with the “best of the best”.
We are looking for a full-time Venture Builder to join our newly setup East Africa office. The best Venture Builders are former entrepreneurs (or early-stage start-up leaders) who are now willing to set up social enterprises that contribute to system change. Are you up for this challenge?
Let us introduce ourselves a bit more.
Hi, we’re Enviu
- We dream big: a future that seems impossible. We take action ourselves and invite others to turn impossible to ‘I’m possible.’
- We are passionate about changing the world for the better and bring an impact-driven entrepreneurial attitude to do so.
- If we think we can do something on our own, we are not dreaming big enough: Together is more.
- We want to support you to discover what you deeply want to do, what you are good at, and what gives meaning to your life.
- We learn, not to judge the past, but to improve the future.
- We work with ~35 great people in our offices in Rotterdam, Bangalore & Nairobi.
About the Role
We are running several projects in spaces such as financial inclusion and food systems. We are looking for a venture builder with entrepreneurial experience who will develop our start-up projects into fully running enterprises at Enviu in Kenya, on a full-time basis.
- Perform research into different fields, for example into the Kenyan food supply chain, or how to bridge the gap between micro insurance product and customer.
- Be a product manager who is responsible for defining the “market – value proposition – product” triangle.
- Quickly prototype and test different ideas for business models with the target group.
- Build key partnerships, with both large and small organizations.
- Set up start-up companies, including management, team, operational and accounting back-end, financial compliance, and so on.
- Plan and budget for your project(s).
- Analyse and control of revenues, costs and margin.
- Collaborate with partners, maintains the relationship and defines (commercial) actions when appropriate.
- Collaborate with the Netherlands office of Enviu. The job will include regular traveling to the Netherlands (once / twice a year).
You’d be perfect for the role if you have:
- A proven track record of at least eight years working experience, out of which at least three years as entrepreneur, co-founder of a start-up or part of the management team of a company holding a reasonable amount of stock (this is a must!), preferably as social entrepreneur
- A relevant network
- At least 5-7 years of working experience in Kenya
- The right attitude to work with people with all kind of backgrounds, from small farmers and slum dwellers to investors or CEOs of multinationals
- Led teams of 10+ people
- Passion for social entrepreneurship
- A hands-on, can-do approach
- A Bachelor’s degree at a reputed institute
- Successful track record in multi-stakeholder project management
- Experience in building partnerships with commercial partners (investors, corporate, NGO, Government)
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Substantial experience with Lean Start-up and Human Centric Design methodologies
- Experience in agriculture and/or local food systems
Furthermore, the ideal candidate is a people manager, fluent in English, can work independently and has a good sense of humor. Although regular traveling is part of the job, the job will be performed in Nairobi, Kenya. Candidates who are not willing to move to Kenya will not be considered.
What we can offer in return
- Competitive package with the opportunity to develop yourself in a truly unique and challenging international environment;
- A great opportunity to develop yourself both personally and professionally;
- A job with purpose and societal impact;
- The opportunity to build social enterprises;
- Working with a group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world.
How to apply
Do you have an open, engaged and strong personality with a drive for entrepreneurship and impact? Please send your resume and motivation before April 16th, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!