Hi, we’re Enviu
- Our life work is improving the world through impact-driven entrepreneurship.
- We have a can-do and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Together is more: we co-create with partners and with local communities.
- We are action-driven deal- and impact makers.
- We are young at heart, eager to learn, and pioneers. – We work with ~35 great people in our offices in Rotterdam, Jakarta, Bangalore & Nairobi.
About the Role
We have started our office in Indonesia to carry out the Zero Waste Living Lab project. This project focuses on reducing the need for (single use) plastics by introducing alternative supply chains. We are hereto (i) scouting and scaling existing Indonesian enterprises, (ii) scouting and replicating enterprises outside of Indonesia into Indonesia and (iii) developing our own ventures in Indonesia.
We are looking for a venture builder who is an expert in user-centric design who will work with us on a full-time basis.
What it means to be a Venture Builder for Enviu
In your job you will be responsible for:
- Developing the (digital) products and services provided by our five Indonesian start-ups & joint ventures.
- Testing the feasibility of venture ideas through human-centred innovation and the lean start-up method in the field.
- Create compelling new value propositions for customers and users.
- Executing partnerships with large corporates, other (social) ventures, funders and governments and large corporates.
- Setting up social start-up companies, including management, team, operational and accounting back-end, financial compliance, and so on.
- Planning for your project(s).
- Collaborating with the Netherlands and India office of Enviu. The job will include regular traveling to the Netherlands (once / twice a year) once traveling is possible again.
You’d be perfect for the role if you:
- Have a professional fluency in both Bahasa Indonesia (this is a MUST) and English;
- Have a proven track record of at least five years working experience as a (interaction/UX/UI) designer, out of which at least three years applying human-centered design principles;
- Have hands-on interaction design experience and extensive experience with a variety of graphic design and interactive tools such as Illustrator, Sketch, HTML/JS/CSS, InVision, Principle, Framer, and After Effects and used them for a.o. the interfaces for both web and mobile;
- Have work experience at a social enterprise;
- Have a relevant network;
- Have the right attitude to work with people with all kind of backgrounds, from small farmers and slum dwellers to investors or CEOs of multinationals;
- Led teams of 3+ people;
- Have a clear passion for social entrepreneurship;
- Have hands-on, can-do approach;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree at a reputed institute in a relevant field;
- Successful track record in multi-stakeholder project management;
- Experience in building partnerships with commercial partners (investors, corporate, NGO, Government);
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
Furthermore the ideal candidate is a people manager, can work independently and has a good sense of humour. Although regular traveling is part of the job once possible again, the job will be performed in Jakarta.
Our office is in South Jakarta. During the pandemic, you will work 1-2 days a week from the office if the situation allows so.
What we can offer in return
- Competitive package with the opportunity to develop yourself in a truly unique and challenging international environment;
- A great opportunity to develop yourself both personally and professionally;
- A job with purpose and societal impact;
- The opportunity to build social enterprises;
- Working with a small group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world.
How to apply
Do you have an open, engaged and strong personality with a drive for entrepreneurship and impact? Please send (i) your resume, (ii) a short note explaining your interest and (iii) your portfolio before 28 February 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. In case we have received sufficient applications at an earlier date, we may close the application term earlier, so don’t hesitate.