Enviu is an experienced partner in building social enterprises which address the world’s biggest environmental and social challenges. Our ambitions are high. By 2022, we want to have impacted the lives and habitats of at least 5 million people worldwide. In order to achieve this, we’re teaming up with the “best of the best”.
Enviu is looking for venture builders for its office-to-be in Kuala Lumpur. Enviu is looking for former Malaysian entrepreneurs who are now willing to set up social enterprises that aim to contribute to system changes in their field on an employment basis.
Are you up for this challenge?
Let us introduce ourselves a bit more
Hi, we’re Enviu
- Our life work is improving the world through impact-driven entrepreneurship.
- We have a can-do and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Together is more: we co-create with partners and with local communities.
- We are action-driven deal and impact makers.
- We are young at heart, eager to learn, and pioneers.
- We work with ~50 great people in our offices in Rotterdam, Jakarta, Bangalore & Nairobi. A branch office in Kuala Lumpur is the next in line !
About the Role
In collaboration with GIZ, we are initiating Enviu’s office in Malaysia to set up Zero Waste Living Lab (ZWLL). ZWLL focusses on reducing the need for (single use) plastics by introducing alternative supply chains. We are hereto (i) scouting and scaling existing Malaysian enterprises; and (ii) scouting and replicating enterprises outside of Malaysia into Malaysia.
We are looking for a venture builder with entrepreneurial experience who will work on this project with our regional director for SE Asia and supported by a local Enviu advisor on a full-time basis.
What it means to be a Venture Builder for Enviu
In your job you will be responsible for:
- Scouting for local ventures that provide products/ services that replace (single-use) plastics
- Testing the feasibility of venture ideas through the lean start-up method in the field
- Building partnerships with other (social) ventures, funders, governments and large corporates
- Setting up social start-up companies, including management, team, operational and accounting back-end, financial compliance, and so on.
- Planning and budgeting for the projects.
- Analysis and control of revenues, costs and margin.
- Collaborating with the regional manager of Enviu in Singapore, as well as with our other international offices. The job will include once yearly traveling to the Netherlands once the situation allows so.
You’d be perfect for the role if you:
- Are fluent in Malay (this is a MUST);
- Have a proven track record of at least six years working experience, out of which at least three years as entrepreneur, co-founder of a start-up or part of the management team of a company holding a reasonable amount of stock (this is a must!), preferably as social entrepreneur;
- Have a relevant network;
- Have the right attitude to work with people with all kind of backgrounds, from small farmers to governments or CEOs of multinationals;
- Led teams of 10+ people;
- Have a clear passion for social entrepreneurship;
- Have hands-on, can-do approach;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree at a reputed institute;
- Successful track record in multi-stakeholder project management;
- Experience in building partnerships with commercial partners (investors, corporate, NGO, Government);
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
Furthermore the ideal candidate is a people manager, fluent in English, can work independently and has a good sense of humour. The job will be performed in Kuala Lumpur, from home or a co-work space.
What we can offer in return
- Competitive package with the opportunity to develop yourself in a truly unique and challenging international environment;
- A great opportunity to develop yourself both personally and professionally;
- A job with purpose and societal impact;
- The opportunity to build social enterprises;
- Working with a small group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world.
How to apply
Do you have an open, engaged and strong personality with a drive for entrepreneurship and impact? Please send your resume and short note explaining your interest before December 31st to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. In case we have received sufficient applications at an earlier date, we may close the application term earlier so don’t wait until the last day!