Enviu is an experienced partner in building social enterprises that address the world’s biggest environmental and social challenges. Our ambitions are big. By the end of 2020, we want to have impacted the lives and habitats of at least 5 million people worldwide. In order to achieve this, we’re teaming up with the “best of the best”. We are looking for a Venture Building Associate to join our East Africa office in Nairobi.
We’re looking for entrepreneurial, bright minds with business skills, driven to make an impact. Are you up for this challenge?
Let us introduce ourselves a bit more
Hi, we’re Enviu
- We are a serial entrepreneur
- We dream big: a future that seems impossible. We take action ourselves and invite others to create the impossible.’
- We are passionate about changing the world for the better and bring an impact-driven entrepreneurialattitude to do so.
- We build social ventures, starting from the issue that needs a solution
- If we think we can do something on our own, we are not dreaming big enough: Together is more.
- We want to support you todiscover what you deeply want to do, what you are good at, and what gives meaning to your life.
- We build – measure – learn
- We built 18 social ventures since 2004
- We work with ~35 great people in our offices in Rotterdam, Bangalore, Nairobi & Santiago de Chile.
- The EA team includes 6 people; 2 working from the Netherlands, 4 working in Nairobi
About the Role
We, at Enviu East Africa, are implementing the FoodFlow Program which aims to reduce food loss in the food chain by 80% by 2030. Currently, one third of all food produced for human consumption is lost or wasted. As part of this ambitious goal, we will build 3-5 social ventures targeting system change. You can find more on the program and the ventures here: https://foodflow.enviu.org/
We are looking for a Venture Building Associate who will be able to execute projects and support the set-up of businesses.
In this role, you will:
- Support the team by setting up operations for business concepts and their pilot experiments
- Manage day-to-day activities for multiple projects and pilots
- Identify & recruit suppliers, customers, and other actors for business operations to run smoothly
- Manage relationships with all stakeholders and ensure they deliver on time and within budget
- Provide regular reports to the project team on progress of deliverables
- Challenge the project team to use learnings from operations to improve processes. We follow the Lean Principles of Build-Measure-Learn
- Use your research and analytical skills in decision-making
- Use your technology experience to identify, test, and approve technology solutions
- Quickly prototype and test different business models or assumptions with the target group
- A majority of the time be out in the field, and do the office work from home.
You’d be perfect for the role if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration and/or project management
- 3-4 years’ experience in execution capacity such as managing projects or in running day-to-day operations; execution of agriculture projects an added advantage
- 2-3 years’ experience working with technology platforms to drive operations.
- Passion for and experience in the fields of agritech, food logistics and the food value chain in Kenya
- Ability to influence and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders from farmers, buyers to decision makers at partner companies
- Strong skills in research & data analysis
- Excellent communication skills. You are fluent in English & Kiswahili and can draft precise, clear, well-structured reports
- You are a self-starter
- You are eager to learn and improve your skills
- You are hands-on and are easily able to complete tasks on your own
- You thrive in an open, dynamic, international team that gives you freedom but also coaches you along the way
What we can offer in return
- Competitive package with the opportunity to develop yourself in a truly unique and challenging international environment
- A great opportunity to develop yourself both personally and professionally
- A job with purpose and societal impact
- The opportunity to build social enterprises
- Working with a small group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world
How to apply
Apply through this form: https://forms.gle/o4pWKBHwfjX1c6Ws6 before 17th September 2020
Apply via Fuzu: https://www.fuzu.com/jobs/171990
In case of questions you can email us on email@example.com